Sringeri - Kollur - Murudeshwar - Gokarna Temple Tour Package (3N/4D)
Package Name: Sringeri - Kollur - Murudeshwar - Gokarna Temple Tour Package
Duration: 03 Nights and 04 Days
Places covered: Belur, Sringeri, Kollur, Murudeshwar, Idagunji and Gokarna
Transportation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Bangalore - Belur - Sringeri
Our representative will pickup you from Bangalore and drive to Belur
- a famous temple town in Karnataka located on the banks of the River Yagachi. Belur is renowned for the grand Hoysala star shaped temple with hand lathe-turned filigreed pillars and sculptures will take your breath away. Visit Chennakesava temple at Belur. Then drive to Sringeri
- (Sringeri Sharada Peeta), the first mutt established by jagadguru Sri Adishankara (Shankracharya) and located on the banks of Tunga river. Sringeri is home to a number of historic temples. Of these, Sri Sharadamba temple and Sri Vidyashankara temple are prominent. On arrival at Sringeri, check in to the hotel and evening visit to Sri Sharadamba temple
and offer prayers to Goddess of Knowledge and get her blessings. Then visit nearest Vidyshankara Temple
and other shrines in the temple premises. Then you can have Dinner at temple dining hall. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 02 : Sringeri – Kollur Mookambika – Murudeshwar
Morning, visit to the temple again and offer prayers, return to the hotel and check out the hotel. Then drive to Kollur
, a popular temple town lies at the foot of the Kodachadri hills in the Western Ghats. Kollur is famous for Goddess Mookambika temple and regarded as one of the Shakti peetas and as well as a mukti place. On arrival at Kollur, visit Mookambika Temple
, the goddess is described as in the form of a swayambhu (self-born) jyotirlinga incorporating both Trimurti's and Trishakathi's
. The our-handed panchaloha image of the goddess on Shri Chakra is stated to have been consecrated by Shri Adi Shankaracharya. After getting divine blessings, drive to Murudeshwara
. Murudeshwar beach town lies on the coast of the Arabian Sea and is also famous for the Murudeshwar Temple. The main attraction of this place is world's second - tallest Shiva statue and 20 storied Gopura (237.5 feet) is constructed at the temple. On arrival at Murudeshwar, check in to the hotel and then visit Shiva statue
and Murudeshwar Temple
, built on the Kanduka Hill which is surrounded on three sides by the waters of the Arabian Sea. Relax for some time at Murudeshwar Beach
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Murudeshwar – Idagunji – Gokarna
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Idagunji
, a small town in Honnavara Taluk is famous for Ganapathi Temple
. The central icon of the Idagunji Temple dates to 4-5th century CE. The image of Ganesha in dvibhuja style, similar to that of the Gokarna Ganesha temple, nearby Idagunji. He has two arms and is standing on a stone slab. Then proceed to Gokarna
. Gokarna located in the Uttara Kannada district. Gokarna is one of the important pilgrimage centers of Karnataka and also known as siddhi kshetra and one of the seven mukti kshetras of Karnataka. It is equally importance like Kashi and Rameshwaram. The temple at Gokarna is dedicated to Lord Mahabaleshwara (Lord Shiva) and it is believed that the temple houses the original image of Shiva Linga (also called as Atmalinga). Legend says that the holy Linga was given by Lord Shiva to King Ravana to make his kingdom an invincible fortress. On arrival at Gokarna, check in to the hotel. Evening visit to the OM beach
- wonderful beach located in the town of Gokarna. The view of this beach during sunset is one to be cherished forever. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Gokarna – Bangalore
Early morning at 6.30 AM, proceed to Gokarna Ganapathi Temple
- built in honour of Lord Ganesha for succeeding to take away the Atma Linga from Ravana. There is a small wound on the head of the statue and it was hit by demon king Ravana. Then visit main temple Sri Mahabaleshwara Temple
, a sacred pilgrimage site amongst Indian Places. The Mahabaleshwar temple enshrines the Atma Linga of Lord Shiva. The devotees can only get a glimpse of the top of the linga. Then proceed to visit Tamra Gowri Temple
- a must-visit temple dedicated to Goddess Parvati, who is worshipped for the wisdom that she displayed to help her husband. Then return to the Hotel. After Breakfast, check out the hotel. Then drive to Bangalore. On arrival at Bangalore, you will be transferred to Bangalore and drop at a designated point in Bangalore. Trip ends with the delightful memories of Sringeri - Kollur - Murudeshwar - Gokarna Temple Tour Package.